Ligaments are connective tissues that help in the joining of the two bones and thus are extremely important for the movement of the body. A sprain in the ligament can affect the movement of the individual to a great extent depending on the severity of the sprain. Some effective steps should be immediately followed after a sprain in the ligament which is result in an effective healing.
Application of Ice
- The application of ice to the area of sprain is good in the initial two or three days after the injury has occurred.
- Ice helps to bring the heat out of the injury which reduces the pain swelling as well.
Application of Heat
- The application of heat should be after 48 hours of injury since heat encourages bleeding if applied immediately after injury.
- After the heat has come out application of heat stimulates the proper blood flow.
- The heat increases the rate of healing and helps the muscles to relax easing the pain.
- The ligament supplement proves to be a great healer of the ligament sprains. The help in the management of pain.
- The supplement reduces the time of healing of the sprain.
- Proper bandages in the area of the sprain is extremely helpful in the reduction of pain and swelling.